The global spread of coronavirus means that many people will now need to take certain action steps to help reduce its transmission.
The virus can make people sick, usually with a mild to moderate upper respiratory tract illness similar to a common cold. Sometimes the coronavirus can cause more severe symptoms like pneumonia or bronchitis, in people with weakened immune system, the elderly, the very young and those with long term conditions diabetes, cancer and chronic lung disease.
Tips to Prevent Corona Virus Disease Transmission
- Wash your hands frequently
- Cough and sneeze into the elbow - Buy Cough Syrup online
- Dispose of used tissues immediately
- Avoid contact with others
- Avoid crowds and public gatherings
- Avoid touching your face
- Clean all shared surfaces frequently
- Avoid all non-essential travel
- Call ahead before going to a clinic or hospital
- Isolate yourself if sick or at risk of complications
- Work from home if possible
- Wear a mask if you are sick, have COVID- 19, or are caring for someone with it
Frequently washing hands up to 20 seconds is one of the main way to help prevent the transmission of coronavirus. People should use plenty of soap and water to wash hands. If a person is not able to use soap and water, they can use a hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol especially after:
- Traveling on public transport
- Being in a public place
- Blowing their nose
Avoid Touching the Face
You must avoid touching their eyes, mouth, face and nose with their hands, especially if they are in public area or if they are unwashed. This will help in limit spread of germs and reduce the chance of people getting sick
Limit contact with other people
Maintain the distance of at least 2 feet from others - especially those who are older, unwell, or have symptoms of the virus and 6 feet away from anyone coughing and sneezing.
Staying Home if you are unwell
If you have mild symptoms of COVID-19, they can self – isolate by staying at home and avoiding contact with others. Even if a person is unsure whether they have COVID-19, a common cold, or something else, it is best to stay inside and rest.
Call a Medical Attention
Someone who have fever, cough or difficulty breathing in the era of COVID – 19 outbreak should seek medical advice. This helps in preventing the spread of virus to others.
For example, they may have the person use a designated entrance at the hospital, which helps keep them away from vulnerable patients.
What is Pulse Oximeter? How it Works and Why you might need it
It's a small device, which helps us measure the oxygen saturation level in the body. In simple terms, it's an easy and painless way to measure how well the oxygen is being sent to different parts of the body, farthest from the heart.
Buy Online Pulse Meter from AHP Medicals at low price!
It's a device that can come in handy in many situations and most importantly these days for patients suffering from COVID-19. These patients need regular monitoring of their oxygen levels for a doctor to determine if s/he needs to be put on support from another source of oxygen.
How and when to use Face Masks?
According to the World Health Organization (WHO) Trusted Source, people should wear a face mask in public when it is not possible to maintain at least 1 meter distance from others.
Face masks are only effective if a person uses them correctly. Take the following steps to use and dispose of a face mask correctly:
- Before touching the mask or the face, wash the hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Make sure that the mask covers the nose and mouth, with no gaps between the face and the mask.
- While wearing the mask, avoid touching it.
- If a person does touch the mask while wearing it, they should wash the hands again.
- Avoid reusing single-use masks.
- Do not write anything, such as a person’s name, on the mask. This damages mask integrity and could allow contaminants to enter.
- Replace a mask if it becomes damp.
- Remove the mask by lifting the string at the back, rather than by touching the front.
- Discard used masks immediately into a closed garbage bin, then wash the hands again.
Get Medical Supplies Online from AHP Medicals.