How to Choose the Right Medical Fridge for Your Facility
Finding the right medical fridge for the facility has not been an easy task today. We need to focus on lots of features of the medical refrigerators to end up choosing the best one for us. For some, the basic characteristics like refrigerator's use, size & keeping area are important. While many people consider even the small things like the additional features of security, defrost system, and many more. So let us have a look over some of the points that should be kept in mind before choosing the right medical fridge for your facility.
Right Medical Fridge: Features to Consider
1. Refrigerator Use: This comes as the top priority. For what purpose you are taking a medical fridge matters a lot. Basically, the usage of refrigerators falls into 5 categories:
- Vaccine Storage
- Pharmaceutical Supplies
- Blood Bank
Specialized medical refrigeration can be used for different purposes as long as they suit the facility's needs. However, it is important to have a durable unit for yourself that can withstand properly at your workplace.
2. Refrigerator Size: Finding the correct medical fridge size is also a crucial part of the selection process. If you buy a big medical fridge for your facility, then it would become difficult to keep its internal temperature within the specified range. Hence, it is recommended to choose a small medical fridge. And if you get a chance to buy the best mini fridge for medication, it would be the most suitable thing. For the best quality mini fridges for medication, you can visit AHP Medicals.
3. Refrigerator Placement: Now, the third crucial factor that comes into play is where you will be placing your medical fridge. As it is not a small object, it would require a huge space to be fitted and maintained properly. Hence, make sure of the placement before even thinking to purchase a medical fridge for your facility. If your facility is having small space, then it is recommended to buy compact units. Apart from this, also make sure that there is ample space around the medical refrigerator for proper air circulation.
4. Temperature Consistency: One significant factor that differentiates medical refrigerators from home refrigerators is their ability to regulate accurate temperatures at certain intervals. The medical refrigeration units are particularly designed to take the overload in the case and not affect the equipment. Unstable temperature controls can lead to loss of blood donations in blood banks, and even some mandatory supplies shortages in the medical and health care centers.
5. Automated Temperature Data Logging: Apart from maintaining temperature consistency, automated temperature data logging is also an important characteristic of medical fridges. It is simply used for preserving medical supplies and equipment properly at all times. The CDC (Centers for Disease Control) suggests buying medical fridges with TMD (Temperature Monitoring Devices) & DDL (Digital Data Loggers). Both these features help the user to automate and check the internal temperature from outside without opening the door itself. Also, it is suggested to keep on checking the internal temperature regularly. If not possible, then at least do so twice a day, one in the morning and the other in the evening.
If you are looking to purchase the best quality medical fridges, then 'AHP Medicals' is here to serve you. You can get any other medical equipment in UK from AHP Medicals.
Ranging from big medical fridges to the best mini fridge for medication, every medical supply is available here.